First woman captain from Bahrain takes to the skies
Dubai: Bahrain`s national carrier Gulf Air`s first woman captain, Yasmeen Fraidoon, has taken to the skies on her maiden commercial flight.
Captain Fraidoon joined Gulf Air in 2008 as a second officer, after graduating from Qatar Aeronautical College.
Accumulating the required flying hours, she completed the necessary training and went on to pass extensive and rigorous checks, successful earning her fourth stripe and Captain ranking in March.
"Yasmeen`s accomplishment today is a reflection of her hard work, exceptional skill and tireless determination," Nasser Al Salmi, Gulf Air Chief Operations Officer, said yesterday.
"We, the Gulf Air family, are incredibly proud to see the first female Bahraini Captain graduate from our ranks and do not doubt that she will be an example for many other Bahraini women looking to enter the field of aviation," he said.
"It is a great privilege to become Gulf Air`s first female Bahraini Captain. I have been passionate about aviation from a young age and that passion has driven me to surpass every challenge and hurdle along this journey," Fraidoon said.
"Being a captain for Bahrain`s national carrier is a dream come true, and the fact that I`m the first Bahraini woman to do so is an even greater honour," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug