Fit to stay in London`s Ecuadorean embassy: Assange
London: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has said that he is fit enough to spend another five years in the Ecuadorean embassy.
According to the Guardian, Ecuador Foreign Minister Ricardo Patino said that neither London nor Quito was showing any signs of backing down and Assange`s situation is totally `unjust`.
Assange who has been holed up in the embassy for nearly a year faces prosecution over sexual and criminal charges to which he denies.
Patino said that Assange has been depraved of liberty and feels that he should be handed over into a safe conduct so that he can leave UK for elsewhere.
Ecuador foreign office has said that British and Ecuadorean legal experts would try to resolve the impasse adding that the ministers have agreed that officials should establish a working group to find a diplomatic solution to Assange`s political asylum issue, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman