Five al Qaeda terrorists escape from Yemen jail
Sana`a: At least five terrorists of the al Qaeda have escaped from a prison in Yemen, the country`s official news agency Saba reported.
The five members of the al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) fled Tuesday from a prison in the country`s northwestern port city of al-Hodayda, Xinhua quoted an official as saying.
Several members of the Yemeni Al Qaeda wing were recently captured following a US-backed operation in the southern Abyan province.
A security official told Xinhua the terrorists escaped from the "highly-guarded" jail through a 30-metre-long tunnel they dug from their cell to a nearby cemetery.
The incident occurred just after 10 Al Qaeda suspects escaped from a prison in the southern port city of Aden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!