Five children killed in Russia house fire
Moscow: Six people, five of them children aged between 18 months and seven years, died in a fire in Russia`s Krasnoyarsk territory, officials said on Sunday.
The fire broke out in a one-storey wooden house Saturday evening and spread to an area of more than 200 square metres, the regional emergencies service said.
"The fire left six people dead, including a girl aged 1.5 years and four boys, aged two, four, six and seven years, respectively. The identity of the sixth victim is being established," the department said.
The effort to tackle the blaze involved 33 rescuers and 14 vehicles and took about two hours.
Russia has an extremely poor fire safety record. Around 15,000 people die in fires across the country annually. In the US, with more than twice the population, the figure is around 3,400 deaths a year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble