Five children killed in Russia house fire
Moscow: Six people, five of them children aged between 18 months and seven years, died in a fire in Russia`s Krasnoyarsk territory, officials said on Sunday.
The fire broke out in a one-storey wooden house Saturday evening and spread to an area of more than 200 square metres, the regional emergencies service said.
"The fire left six people dead, including a girl aged 1.5 years and four boys, aged two, four, six and seven years, respectively. The identity of the sixth victim is being established," the department said.
The effort to tackle the blaze involved 33 rescuers and 14 vehicles and took about two hours.
Russia has an extremely poor fire safety record. Around 15,000 people die in fires across the country annually. In the US, with more than twice the population, the figure is around 3,400 deaths a year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies