Five children killed in Russia house fire
Moscow: Six people, five of them children aged between 18 months and seven years, died in a fire in Russia`s Krasnoyarsk territory, officials said on Sunday.
The fire broke out in a one-storey wooden house Saturday evening and spread to an area of more than 200 square metres, the regional emergencies service said.
"The fire left six people dead, including a girl aged 1.5 years and four boys, aged two, four, six and seven years, respectively. The identity of the sixth victim is being established," the department said.
The effort to tackle the blaze involved 33 rescuers and 14 vehicles and took about two hours.
Russia has an extremely poor fire safety record. Around 15,000 people die in fires across the country annually. In the US, with more than twice the population, the figure is around 3,400 deaths a year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees