Five children suffocate to death in China
Beijing: Five children suffocated to death Monday in a deserted house that was being used to cure tobacco in southwest China`s Guizhou province, authorities said.
The five children, all male and with ages ranging from four to six, were discovered by villagers at 5:40 p.m., reported Xinhua.
Four of the boys were dead when they were discovered, while the fifth died in hospital.
The children come from five different families. Their parents were helping out at a wedding dinner held for fellow villagers and had apparently left them unattended.
Initial investigation showed that the children died due to suffocation after straw in the abandoned house went up in flames.
The abandoned home is a mud-brick building with just one exit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report