Five children suffocate to death in China
Beijing: Five children suffocated to death Monday in a deserted house that was being used to cure tobacco in southwest China`s Guizhou province, authorities said.
The five children, all male and with ages ranging from four to six, were discovered by villagers at 5:40 p.m., reported Xinhua.
Four of the boys were dead when they were discovered, while the fifth died in hospital.
The children come from five different families. Their parents were helping out at a wedding dinner held for fellow villagers and had apparently left them unattended.
Initial investigation showed that the children died due to suffocation after straw in the abandoned house went up in flames.
The abandoned home is a mud-brick building with just one exit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!