Five dead after small jet crashes in US
Thomson (Georgia): An official says five people are dead and two injured after a small jet ran off the end of a runway and crashed at an airport in eastern Georgia.
Thomson-McDuffie County Sheriff Logan Marshall says the jet carrying seven people crashed after 8 pm on Wednesday.
Logan says the two survivors were taken to area hospitals and their conditions were not known. He says the identities of those killed are being withheld pending notification of family members.
Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said in an e-mail that the Hawker Beechcraft 390/Premier I crashed around 8:30 pm at Thomson-McDuffie County Airport, about 50 kilometres west of Augusta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan