Five dead after small jet crashes in US
Thomson (Georgia): An official says five people are dead and two injured after a small jet ran off the end of a runway and crashed at an airport in eastern Georgia.
Thomson-McDuffie County Sheriff Logan Marshall says the jet carrying seven people crashed after 8 pm on Wednesday.
Logan says the two survivors were taken to area hospitals and their conditions were not known. He says the identities of those killed are being withheld pending notification of family members.
Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said in an e-mail that the Hawker Beechcraft 390/Premier I crashed around 8:30 pm at Thomson-McDuffie County Airport, about 50 kilometres west of Augusta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued