Five dead after small jet crashes in US
Thomson (Georgia): An official says five people are dead and two injured after a small jet ran off the end of a runway and crashed at an airport in eastern Georgia.
Thomson-McDuffie County Sheriff Logan Marshall says the jet carrying seven people crashed after 8 pm on Wednesday.
Logan says the two survivors were taken to area hospitals and their conditions were not known. He says the identities of those killed are being withheld pending notification of family members.
Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said in an e-mail that the Hawker Beechcraft 390/Premier I crashed around 8:30 pm at Thomson-McDuffie County Airport, about 50 kilometres west of Augusta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY