Five dead in British industrial blast
London: An explosion at an industrial estate in central England has killed five men and seriously injured one more, police have said.
The blast occurred shortly before 7:30 pm (1830 GMT) at the Broadfield Lane industrial estate in Boston, Lincolnshire, East Midlands Ambulance Service confirmed.
"We took a 999 call at 7:22 pm this evening," an ambulance spokesman said. "We dispatched one double-crewed ambulance and transported one patient to Boston hospital."
A spokeswoman for Lincolnshire police added: "Five men have been confirmed dead.”
"Inquiries are ongoing and will be ongoing throughout the night to establish the cause of this explosion. The circumstances at the moment are still unclear, there will be a full forensic examination of the unit."
Six fire engines were sent to the scene, according to Steve Moore, an area manager from Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service.
"When the first crews attended they were faced with a really serious fire and a casualty who was outside the building suffering from burns," he said.
"The incoming crew then started to fight the fire, it was a really hot, intense fire."
Police would not confirm reports by local residents that alcohol was being illegally brewed at the estate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack