Five dead in British industrial blast
London: An explosion at an industrial estate in central England has killed five men and seriously injured one more, police have said.
The blast occurred shortly before 7:30 pm (1830 GMT) at the Broadfield Lane industrial estate in Boston, Lincolnshire, East Midlands Ambulance Service confirmed.
"We took a 999 call at 7:22 pm this evening," an ambulance spokesman said. "We dispatched one double-crewed ambulance and transported one patient to Boston hospital."
A spokeswoman for Lincolnshire police added: "Five men have been confirmed dead.”
"Inquiries are ongoing and will be ongoing throughout the night to establish the cause of this explosion. The circumstances at the moment are still unclear, there will be a full forensic examination of the unit."
Six fire engines were sent to the scene, according to Steve Moore, an area manager from Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service.
"When the first crews attended they were faced with a really serious fire and a casualty who was outside the building suffering from burns," he said.
"The incoming crew then started to fight the fire, it was a really hot, intense fire."
Police would not confirm reports by local residents that alcohol was being illegally brewed at the estate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state