Five dead in shooting at spa in Atlanta suburb
Atlanta: Five people were killed in a shooting at a health spa in an Atlanta suburb on Tuesday in what appeared to be a murder-suicide, police said.
Four people were found shot to death when officers arrived on the scene at Sujung Beauty Health and Sauna in Norcross, Georgia, Norcross police Capt. Brian Harr said.
A fifth victim was pronounced dead at a local hospital, Harr said.
He added that the shooter, who was not immediately identified, was believed to be among the dead, and that police did not consider any suspects to be at large.
He added that a weapon believed to be the one used was found at the scene.
Norcross Police Chief Warren Summers told reporters at the scene that preliminary evidence suggested the shooting may have been a murder-suicide.
"It appears that way, but we are investigating," Summers said in comments carried by local FOX 5 television news.
Norcross is a city of some 10,000 people located about 20 miles northeast of Atlanta.
Calls to the Sujung Beauty Health and Sauna were not answered late Tuesday.
Police received reports of shots fired at approximately 8:45 p.m., Harr said.
A spokesman for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said the agency was assisting in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured