Five dead in shooting at spa in Atlanta suburb
Atlanta: Five people were killed in a shooting at a health spa in an Atlanta suburb on Tuesday in what appeared to be a murder-suicide, police said.
Four people were found shot to death when officers arrived on the scene at Sujung Beauty Health and Sauna in Norcross, Georgia, Norcross police Capt. Brian Harr said.
A fifth victim was pronounced dead at a local hospital, Harr said.
He added that the shooter, who was not immediately identified, was believed to be among the dead, and that police did not consider any suspects to be at large.
He added that a weapon believed to be the one used was found at the scene.
Norcross Police Chief Warren Summers told reporters at the scene that preliminary evidence suggested the shooting may have been a murder-suicide.
"It appears that way, but we are investigating," Summers said in comments carried by local FOX 5 television news.
Norcross is a city of some 10,000 people located about 20 miles northeast of Atlanta.
Calls to the Sujung Beauty Health and Sauna were not answered late Tuesday.
Police received reports of shots fired at approximately 8:45 p.m., Harr said.
A spokesman for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said the agency was assisting in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand