Five dead in shooting at spa in Atlanta suburb
Atlanta: Five people were killed in a shooting at a health spa in an Atlanta suburb on Tuesday in what appeared to be a murder-suicide, police said.
Four people were found shot to death when officers arrived on the scene at Sujung Beauty Health and Sauna in Norcross, Georgia, Norcross police Capt. Brian Harr said.
A fifth victim was pronounced dead at a local hospital, Harr said.
He added that the shooter, who was not immediately identified, was believed to be among the dead, and that police did not consider any suspects to be at large.
He added that a weapon believed to be the one used was found at the scene.
Norcross Police Chief Warren Summers told reporters at the scene that preliminary evidence suggested the shooting may have been a murder-suicide.
"It appears that way, but we are investigating," Summers said in comments carried by local FOX 5 television news.
Norcross is a city of some 10,000 people located about 20 miles northeast of Atlanta.
Calls to the Sujung Beauty Health and Sauna were not answered late Tuesday.
Police received reports of shots fired at approximately 8:45 p.m., Harr said.
A spokesman for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said the agency was assisting in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth