Five dead, two missing in north China mine fire
Beijing: Five people were killed and two others went missing when a fire broke out in a mine in northern China.
The incident occurred yesterday at Rongda Mining Limited Liability Company in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, when seven miners were working underground.
Five people have died and another two are missing after a fire broke out in a passageway in the mine, state-run news agency Xinhua quoted local authorities as saying today.
Search teams are looking for the two missing people.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender