Five die in China bridge collapse
Beijing: At least five people were killed and eight injured on Friday after an bridge partially collapsed when an explosion took place on a truck in China`s Henan province, authorities said.
The explosion, which occurred at 8.52 am, caused several vehicles to tumble down the bridge in Mianchi county.
An 80-meter-long section of the expressway bridge collapsed, reported Xinhua.
The exploded truck carried fireworks. Six vehicles have been retrieved from the debris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anirban Lahiri 5th in incomplete second round at Colonial on PGA
- Vijay Mallya seeks dismissal of ED's plea seeking his presence
- Leander Paes could soon be 6th in list of most doubles victories
- Narendra Modi govt celebrates 2nd anniversary; Amitabh Bachchan urges to educate, give equality to girl child
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti