Five die in US road crash
Houston: Five people were killed and two injured in a rear-end collision between two trucks in the US state of Texas, authorities said.
Officials from Texas Department of Public Safety said the accident happened early Sunday morning on a road near Seagraves in west Texas, reported Xinhua.
A pickup carrying two people collided with the rear of another truck carrying five, causing both to overturn. After rolling over, the vehicles came to rest in a roadside ditch.
Five of the seven died at the scene while the other two were taken to a hospital.
It was yet to be determined what exactly caused the crash, but officials said alcohol might have played a role.
It was also reported that the people were not wearing seatbelt at the time of the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad