Five die in US road crash
Houston: Five people were killed and two injured in a rear-end collision between two trucks in the US state of Texas, authorities said.
Officials from Texas Department of Public Safety said the accident happened early Sunday morning on a road near Seagraves in west Texas, reported Xinhua.
A pickup carrying two people collided with the rear of another truck carrying five, causing both to overturn. After rolling over, the vehicles came to rest in a roadside ditch.
Five of the seven died at the scene while the other two were taken to a hospital.
It was yet to be determined what exactly caused the crash, but officials said alcohol might have played a role.
It was also reported that the people were not wearing seatbelt at the time of the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!