Five die in US road crash
Houston: Five people were killed and two injured in a rear-end collision between two trucks in the US state of Texas, authorities said.
Officials from Texas Department of Public Safety said the accident happened early Sunday morning on a road near Seagraves in west Texas, reported Xinhua.
A pickup carrying two people collided with the rear of another truck carrying five, causing both to overturn. After rolling over, the vehicles came to rest in a roadside ditch.
Five of the seven died at the scene while the other two were taken to a hospital.
It was yet to be determined what exactly caused the crash, but officials said alcohol might have played a role.
It was also reported that the people were not wearing seatbelt at the time of the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened