Five footballers killed in Kenya road accident
Malindi: At least five football players from Kola Beach Football Club died on the spot and dozens were injured after their vehicle was involved in a grisly accident near the Kenyan coastal resort town of Malindi Sunday, officials said.
The players, officials and fans of the club that features in the zonal football league in the region were returning from a match at Marereni area when the accident occurred, Xinhua reported.
Malindi Base Traffic Commander Bernard Ibaya said the mini-truck was carrying both the team and its fans at the time of the accident when the driver lost control of the vehicle when swerving to avoid a pot hole.
Witness Safari Gona said the mini-truck collided with a lorry causing the death of five people and leaving 30 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB