Five footballers killed in Kenya road accident
Malindi: At least five football players from Kola Beach Football Club died on the spot and dozens were injured after their vehicle was involved in a grisly accident near the Kenyan coastal resort town of Malindi Sunday, officials said.
The players, officials and fans of the club that features in the zonal football league in the region were returning from a match at Marereni area when the accident occurred, Xinhua reported.
Malindi Base Traffic Commander Bernard Ibaya said the mini-truck was carrying both the team and its fans at the time of the accident when the driver lost control of the vehicle when swerving to avoid a pot hole.
Witness Safari Gona said the mini-truck collided with a lorry causing the death of five people and leaving 30 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win