Five footballers killed in Kenya road accident
Malindi: At least five football players from Kola Beach Football Club died on the spot and dozens were injured after their vehicle was involved in a grisly accident near the Kenyan coastal resort town of Malindi Sunday, officials said.
The players, officials and fans of the club that features in the zonal football league in the region were returning from a match at Marereni area when the accident occurred, Xinhua reported.
Malindi Base Traffic Commander Bernard Ibaya said the mini-truck was carrying both the team and its fans at the time of the accident when the driver lost control of the vehicle when swerving to avoid a pot hole.
Witness Safari Gona said the mini-truck collided with a lorry causing the death of five people and leaving 30 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur