Five Indians killed in road accident in Saudi Arabia
Riyadh: Five Indian workers have been killed in an accident in Saudi Arabia when the van they were travelling in overturned due to a tyre burst on a highway.
All the five Indians killed in the accident that took place yesterday in Riduan, 150 kms from Taif on the Taif-Riyadh Expressway, were from Malappruam district of Kerala.
The deceased have been identified as Muhammad Saleem, 32, Muhammed Nawas, 26, Noushad, 26, Thondiyil Koru Sridaran, 35, and Kottiyattil Janardhanan, 40.
Another worker also from Malappuram, and a Bangladeshi were admitted to King Abdulaziz Hospital in Taif with serious injuries.
The bodies of the victims were kept in the morgue of King Faisal Hospital, Taif.
The victims worked in a Dammam-based company. They were reportedly travelling to Riyadh when the accident happened.
Last month, four Indians of one family, including an infant, were killed in a horrific road accident in Saudi Arabia.
The accident happened in Muzamiya near Riyadh when seven members of the family, said to be from Kedhakar, Uppala district of Kerala, were returning after performing Umrah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- PM Modi calls for dialogue, accepts development alone can't bring 'lasting solution' to Kashmir
- Seoul, Washington start war game despite Pyongyang's backlash
- Manjula Chellur sworn-in as Chief Justice of Bombay High Court
- Gionee S6s smartphone with 8MP front camera launched at Rs 17,999
- Karisma Kapoor just shared a major throwback picture with sister Kareena and we LOVE IT!