Five Indians killed in road accident in Saudi Arabia
Riyadh: Five Indian workers have been killed in an accident in Saudi Arabia when the van they were travelling in overturned due to a tyre burst on a highway.
All the five Indians killed in the accident that took place yesterday in Riduan, 150 kms from Taif on the Taif-Riyadh Expressway, were from Malappruam district of Kerala.
The deceased have been identified as Muhammad Saleem, 32, Muhammed Nawas, 26, Noushad, 26, Thondiyil Koru Sridaran, 35, and Kottiyattil Janardhanan, 40.
Another worker also from Malappuram, and a Bangladeshi were admitted to King Abdulaziz Hospital in Taif with serious injuries.
The bodies of the victims were kept in the morgue of King Faisal Hospital, Taif.
The victims worked in a Dammam-based company. They were reportedly travelling to Riyadh when the accident happened.
Last month, four Indians of one family, including an infant, were killed in a horrific road accident in Saudi Arabia.
The accident happened in Muzamiya near Riyadh when seven members of the family, said to be from Kedhakar, Uppala district of Kerala, were returning after performing Umrah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'