Five Indians killed in road accident in Saudi Arabia
Riyadh: Five Indian workers have been killed in an accident in Saudi Arabia when the van they were travelling in overturned due to a tyre burst on a highway.
All the five Indians killed in the accident that took place yesterday in Riduan, 150 kms from Taif on the Taif-Riyadh Expressway, were from Malappruam district of Kerala.
The deceased have been identified as Muhammad Saleem, 32, Muhammed Nawas, 26, Noushad, 26, Thondiyil Koru Sridaran, 35, and Kottiyattil Janardhanan, 40.
Another worker also from Malappuram, and a Bangladeshi were admitted to King Abdulaziz Hospital in Taif with serious injuries.
The bodies of the victims were kept in the morgue of King Faisal Hospital, Taif.
The victims worked in a Dammam-based company. They were reportedly travelling to Riyadh when the accident happened.
Last month, four Indians of one family, including an infant, were killed in a horrific road accident in Saudi Arabia.
The accident happened in Muzamiya near Riyadh when seven members of the family, said to be from Kedhakar, Uppala district of Kerala, were returning after performing Umrah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues
- Book on LK Advani to be released without his consent?
- Hong Kong student leader pleads not guilty
- Gold down by Rs 51 to Rs 31,347 per 10 gram in futures trade
- ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth mania grips nation – WATCH to believe it