Five Indians killed in road accident in Saudi Arabia
Riyadh: Five Indian workers have been killed in an accident in Saudi Arabia when the van they were travelling in overturned due to a tyre burst on a highway.
All the five Indians killed in the accident that took place yesterday in Riduan, 150 kms from Taif on the Taif-Riyadh Expressway, were from Malappruam district of Kerala.
The deceased have been identified as Muhammad Saleem, 32, Muhammed Nawas, 26, Noushad, 26, Thondiyil Koru Sridaran, 35, and Kottiyattil Janardhanan, 40.
Another worker also from Malappuram, and a Bangladeshi were admitted to King Abdulaziz Hospital in Taif with serious injuries.
The bodies of the victims were kept in the morgue of King Faisal Hospital, Taif.
The victims worked in a Dammam-based company. They were reportedly travelling to Riyadh when the accident happened.
Last month, four Indians of one family, including an infant, were killed in a horrific road accident in Saudi Arabia.
The accident happened in Muzamiya near Riyadh when seven members of the family, said to be from Kedhakar, Uppala district of Kerala, were returning after performing Umrah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why