Five Iraqi soldiers killed in suicide bombing
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a suicide bomber who drove an explosives-rigged fuel truck into the front gate of an army post has killed five soldiers in the country`s north.
Officials at the scene in the city of Mosul said another 15 people were wounded in Tuesday`s attack. Three of them were soldiers.
A policeman said the truck was not carrying any fuel. A medic confirmed the casualties. Both spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release the information.
Mosul is a former al Qaeda stronghold located 360 kilometers northwest of Baghdad.
Violence has ebbed in Iraq, but insurgents frequently launch attacks on the security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon