Five Iraqi soldiers killed in suicide bombing
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a suicide bomber who drove an explosives-rigged fuel truck into the front gate of an army post has killed five soldiers in the country`s north.
Officials at the scene in the city of Mosul said another 15 people were wounded in Tuesday`s attack. Three of them were soldiers.
A policeman said the truck was not carrying any fuel. A medic confirmed the casualties. Both spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release the information.
Mosul is a former al Qaeda stronghold located 360 kilometers northwest of Baghdad.
Violence has ebbed in Iraq, but insurgents frequently launch attacks on the security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?