Five Iraqi soldiers killed in suicide bombing
Baghdad: Iraqi officials say a suicide bomber who drove an explosives-rigged fuel truck into the front gate of an army post has killed five soldiers in the country`s north.
Officials at the scene in the city of Mosul said another 15 people were wounded in Tuesday`s attack. Three of them were soldiers.
A policeman said the truck was not carrying any fuel. A medic confirmed the casualties. Both spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release the information.
Mosul is a former al Qaeda stronghold located 360 kilometers northwest of Baghdad.
Violence has ebbed in Iraq, but insurgents frequently launch attacks on the security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened