Five killed, 4.68 million affected by heavy rains in China
Beijing: At least 15 people were killed and 4.68 million affected as heavy rains lashed several parts of China.
Rain lashed nine provincial regions in southern and eastern China, including the provinces of Anhui, Hubei, Hunan and Jiangxi, an official statement said.
Hail or rain-triggered floods have affected 4.68 million people and forced the relocation of 62,000 people, toppling 2,500 houses and damaged 21,400 hectares of crops, state-run Xinhua quoted the statement as saying.
The disasters caused direct economic losses of 1.7 billion yuan (about USD 277.16 million).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy