Five killed, 4.68 million affected by heavy rains in China
Beijing: At least 15 people were killed and 4.68 million affected as heavy rains lashed several parts of China.
Rain lashed nine provincial regions in southern and eastern China, including the provinces of Anhui, Hubei, Hunan and Jiangxi, an official statement said.
Hail or rain-triggered floods have affected 4.68 million people and forced the relocation of 62,000 people, toppling 2,500 houses and damaged 21,400 hectares of crops, state-run Xinhua quoted the statement as saying.
The disasters caused direct economic losses of 1.7 billion yuan (about USD 277.16 million).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday