Five killed, five wounded in Iraq suicide bombings
Baghdad: At least five people were killed and five others wounded in two suicide bomb attacks in Iraq Friday, police said.
Three soldiers were killed and five others wounded when a suicide car bomb went off at a checkpoint manned by the Iraqi army in the area of Heat, some 170 km west of Baghdad, a police source told Xinhua.
In a separate attack, a policeman and a child were killed when a suicide car bomber attacked a police checkpoint in the area of Baiji, some 200 km north of Baghdad, the source said.
Iraq is witnessing its worst eruption of violence in recent years, which raises fears that the country is sliding back to the full-blown civil conflict that peaked in 2006 and 2007, when monthly death toll sometimes exceeded 3,000.
The UN Assistance Mission for Iraq said that almost 6,000 civilians were killed and over 14,000 injured in Iraq from January to September this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday