Five killed in clash in Turkey`s southeast
Ankara: An official says four Kurdish rebels are killed after they attacked a Turkish military station on the Iraqi border.
Gov Muammer Turker of Hakkari province says one soldier
has been killed and six soldiers have been wounded when the
rebels raided the border post near the town of Cukurca today.
Turker says Turkish troops chased the rebels after their
hour long attack on the military outpost and killed four of
The attack comes less than a week after Turkish warplanes
bombed three suspected Kurdish rebel targets in northern Iraq,
used by the rebels to stage hit and run attacks on Turkish
The rebels have been fighting for autonomy in Turkey`s
Kurdish-dominated southeast since 1984. Tens of thousands of
people have died in that conflict.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai