Five killed in clash in Turkey`s southeast
Ankara: An official says four Kurdish rebels are killed after they attacked a Turkish military station on the Iraqi border.
Gov Muammer Turker of Hakkari province says one soldier
has been killed and six soldiers have been wounded when the
rebels raided the border post near the town of Cukurca today.
Turker says Turkish troops chased the rebels after their
hour long attack on the military outpost and killed four of
The attack comes less than a week after Turkish warplanes
bombed three suspected Kurdish rebel targets in northern Iraq,
used by the rebels to stage hit and run attacks on Turkish
The rebels have been fighting for autonomy in Turkey`s
Kurdish-dominated southeast since 1984. Tens of thousands of
people have died in that conflict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda