Five killed in clash in Turkey`s southeast
Ankara: An official says four Kurdish rebels are killed after they attacked a Turkish military station on the Iraqi border.
Gov Muammer Turker of Hakkari province says one soldier
has been killed and six soldiers have been wounded when the
rebels raided the border post near the town of Cukurca today.
Turker says Turkish troops chased the rebels after their
hour long attack on the military outpost and killed four of
The attack comes less than a week after Turkish warplanes
bombed three suspected Kurdish rebel targets in northern Iraq,
used by the rebels to stage hit and run attacks on Turkish
The rebels have been fighting for autonomy in Turkey`s
Kurdish-dominated southeast since 1984. Tens of thousands of
people have died in that conflict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off