Five killed in Colombia landslide, 20 trapped
Bogota: At least five people died, seven were seriously injured and 20 are still trapped following a landslide which occurred Saturday in Colombia, the authorities said.
The incident occurred when a bulldozer was removing mud and rocks that obstructed a 200-metre-long highway section due to a previous landslide, Xinhua reported.
Carlos Marquez, director of disaster management at the interior ministry, said at least 20 people in about seven cars were believed trapped after the landslide buried the road near the Neiva city in southwestern Colombia.
The National Risk System and other rescue units have deployed 300 rescue workers using heavy machinery and rescue dogs at the site to search for the missing people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP