Five killed in fire accident at gold mine in China
Beijing: Five people were killed in a fire at a gold mine pit in northwest China`s Shaanxi Province.
The accident took place yesterday as welding sparks ignited the fire on wooden scaffolding at the mine run by Xinglong Mining Coompany in Tongguan county that was undergoing a safety overhaul, state-run news agency reported.
All six trapped underground by heavy smoke were pulled to the ground by this morning, but four died and the two others rescued were in a stable condition.
One rescuer was also killed by carbon monoxide poisoning during the rescue operation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma