Five killed in fire accident at gold mine in China
Beijing: Five people were killed in a fire at a gold mine pit in northwest China`s Shaanxi Province.
The accident took place yesterday as welding sparks ignited the fire on wooden scaffolding at the mine run by Xinglong Mining Coompany in Tongguan county that was undergoing a safety overhaul, state-run news agency reported.
All six trapped underground by heavy smoke were pulled to the ground by this morning, but four died and the two others rescued were in a stable condition.
One rescuer was also killed by carbon monoxide poisoning during the rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi