Five killed in fire accident at gold mine in China
Beijing: Five people were killed in a fire at a gold mine pit in northwest China`s Shaanxi Province.
The accident took place yesterday as welding sparks ignited the fire on wooden scaffolding at the mine run by Xinglong Mining Coompany in Tongguan county that was undergoing a safety overhaul, state-run news agency reported.
All six trapped underground by heavy smoke were pulled to the ground by this morning, but four died and the two others rescued were in a stable condition.
One rescuer was also killed by carbon monoxide poisoning during the rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP