Five killed in fire accident at gold mine in China
Beijing: Five people were killed in a fire at a gold mine pit in northwest China`s Shaanxi Province.
The accident took place yesterday as welding sparks ignited the fire on wooden scaffolding at the mine run by Xinglong Mining Coompany in Tongguan county that was undergoing a safety overhaul, state-run news agency reported.
All six trapped underground by heavy smoke were pulled to the ground by this morning, but four died and the two others rescued were in a stable condition.
One rescuer was also killed by carbon monoxide poisoning during the rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey issues warrants for 42 journalists after coup: TV
- How Africans collaborate with wild birds to get honey
- P-Notes investment hit 2-year low of Rs 2.10 lakh crore in June-end
- This is how Arvind Kejriwal reacted after Navjot Singh Sidhu revealed why he quit Rajya Sabha
- ITC appoints Sanjiv Puri as COO