Five killed in Thailand bridge collapse
Bangkok: At least five people were killed and 45 injured, five of them seriously, when a bridge collapsed in Thailand`s central province of Ayutthaya Sunday evening, local media reported.
The 31-year-old suspension bridge, located in Tha Rua district over the Pa Sak river, collapsed in the middle as its main cables that support the deck snapped, Xinhua reported.
Many people were walking and riding by motorcycles across the 120-metre long bridge. The toll was expected to rise since more people were feared to have been trapped under the debris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter