Five killed in Thailand bridge collapse
Bangkok: At least five people were killed and 45 injured, five of them seriously, when a bridge collapsed in Thailand`s central province of Ayutthaya Sunday evening, local media reported.
The 31-year-old suspension bridge, located in Tha Rua district over the Pa Sak river, collapsed in the middle as its main cables that support the deck snapped, Xinhua reported.
Many people were walking and riding by motorcycles across the 120-metre long bridge. The toll was expected to rise since more people were feared to have been trapped under the debris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposing 'dadagiri' of priests, Trupti Desai, 'Bhumata Brigade' activists enter Kapaleshwar Mandir in Nashik
- Cool morning in Delhi, max temp expected to be around 39 degrees Celsius
- Burkina President Roch Marc Christian Kabore`s party wins municipal elections
- SPO run over by speeding vehicle in Ramban, J&K
- Have you seen what Shraddha Kapoor does when free? Pics inside