Five killed in Thailand bridge collapse
Bangkok: At least five people were killed and 45 injured, five of them seriously, when a bridge collapsed in Thailand`s central province of Ayutthaya Sunday evening, local media reported.
The 31-year-old suspension bridge, located in Tha Rua district over the Pa Sak river, collapsed in the middle as its main cables that support the deck snapped, Xinhua reported.
Many people were walking and riding by motorcycles across the 120-metre long bridge. The toll was expected to rise since more people were feared to have been trapped under the debris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda