Five killed in Thailand bridge collapse
Bangkok: At least five people were killed and 45 injured, five of them seriously, when a bridge collapsed in Thailand`s central province of Ayutthaya Sunday evening, local media reported.
The 31-year-old suspension bridge, located in Tha Rua district over the Pa Sak river, collapsed in the middle as its main cables that support the deck snapped, Xinhua reported.
Many people were walking and riding by motorcycles across the 120-metre long bridge. The toll was expected to rise since more people were feared to have been trapped under the debris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price