Five killed in two Algeria attacks
Algiers: Five people have been killed and three wounded in two separate attacks in Algeria, a media report said Saturday.
Three people including two military forces were killed in a car bomb in western Algeria, said the report.
In Jijel Province of eastern Algeria, two armed soldiers were killed and three wounded in an ambush against the Algerian army, according to the report.
Though violence has declined in Algeria after a large group of radical Islamists surrendered to the government, attacks occur sporadically in different areas of the country.
Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika said last week that the government would continue to pursue its national reconciliation policy to grant a chance to the repentant military radicals.
In September 2005, the national reconciliation charter was overwhelmingly adopted in a national referendum, under which armed Islamists can abandon their arms and surrender to the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country