Five killed in two Algeria attacks
Algiers: Five people have been killed and three wounded in two separate attacks in Algeria, a media report said Saturday.
Three people including two military forces were killed in a car bomb in western Algeria, said the report.
In Jijel Province of eastern Algeria, two armed soldiers were killed and three wounded in an ambush against the Algerian army, according to the report.
Though violence has declined in Algeria after a large group of radical Islamists surrendered to the government, attacks occur sporadically in different areas of the country.
Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika said last week that the government would continue to pursue its national reconciliation policy to grant a chance to the repentant military radicals.
In September 2005, the national reconciliation charter was overwhelmingly adopted in a national referendum, under which armed Islamists can abandon their arms and surrender to the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble