Five killed, many injured in Syria blast
Beirut: At least five people were killed and about 30 injured in a car bomb blast in the Jaramana neighbourhood of Damascus, reported Al-Mayadeen TV Monday.
Until recently, Jaramana area was viewed as one of the safest districts in Damascus and a haven for people displaced by the ongoing civil conflict in Syria.
This was the third blast in the predominantly Christian suburb of the Syrian capital since Aug 27 when at least two people were killed. On the following day, a total of 12 people were killed in twin blasts during a funeral procession of first blast`s victims.
Syrian authorities and state media gave no death count, saying only there were women and children among those injured.
State new agency SANA blamed the blast on an "armed terrorist group".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog