Five killed, many injured in Syria blast
Beirut: At least five people were killed and about 30 injured in a car bomb blast in the Jaramana neighbourhood of Damascus, reported Al-Mayadeen TV Monday.
Until recently, Jaramana area was viewed as one of the safest districts in Damascus and a haven for people displaced by the ongoing civil conflict in Syria.
This was the third blast in the predominantly Christian suburb of the Syrian capital since Aug 27 when at least two people were killed. On the following day, a total of 12 people were killed in twin blasts during a funeral procession of first blast`s victims.
Syrian authorities and state media gave no death count, saying only there were women and children among those injured.
State new agency SANA blamed the blast on an "armed terrorist group".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price