Five persons shot dead in Nigeria
Abuja: Unidentified motorcycle-borne gunmen have shot dead five persons and injured several others in northeast Nigeria.
The victims were playing cards yesterday when the two gunmen shot at them and escaped, the police commissioner for Gombe state Mohammed Sule said.
The assailants were two in number, he said, adding that the incident took place in Bagadaza neighbourhood of the state capital Gombe city.
Gombe is close to Maiduguri, a stronghold of terror group Boko Haram and has witnessed series of attacks.
The sect has killed thousands of people since it waged a war against the Nigerian state in 2009 in an attempt to establish an Islamic caliphate in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray