Five persons shot dead in Nigeria
Abuja: Unidentified motorcycle-borne gunmen have shot dead five persons and injured several others in northeast Nigeria.
The victims were playing cards yesterday when the two gunmen shot at them and escaped, the police commissioner for Gombe state Mohammed Sule said.
The assailants were two in number, he said, adding that the incident took place in Bagadaza neighbourhood of the state capital Gombe city.
Gombe is close to Maiduguri, a stronghold of terror group Boko Haram and has witnessed series of attacks.
The sect has killed thousands of people since it waged a war against the Nigerian state in 2009 in an attempt to establish an Islamic caliphate in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report