Five persons shot dead in Nigeria
Abuja: Unidentified motorcycle-borne gunmen have shot dead five persons and injured several others in northeast Nigeria.
The victims were playing cards yesterday when the two gunmen shot at them and escaped, the police commissioner for Gombe state Mohammed Sule said.
The assailants were two in number, he said, adding that the incident took place in Bagadaza neighbourhood of the state capital Gombe city.
Gombe is close to Maiduguri, a stronghold of terror group Boko Haram and has witnessed series of attacks.
The sect has killed thousands of people since it waged a war against the Nigerian state in 2009 in an attempt to establish an Islamic caliphate in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief