Five right-wing Jewish extremists indicted in Israel
Jerusalem: Israel`s Justice Ministry has indicted five alleged Jewish extremists in connection with a rampage at an Israeli army base in the West Bank last month.
On Dec. 13, dozens of settlers and their supporters entered the base, vandalized property and attacked military personnel.
According to Sunday`s indictment, the five helped plan the rampage in hopes of foiling the evacuation of illegal settlement outposts in the West Bank. They are to remain in custody until the end of proceedings.
The attack shocked Israeli leaders, who called for a crackdown on Jewish radicals. Extremists are also suspected of vandalizing another military base and attacking Palestinian mosques, cars and farmlands over the past two years.
The violence is believed to be retaliation for government concessions to Palestinians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone