Five right-wing Jewish extremists indicted in Israel
Jerusalem: Israel`s Justice Ministry has indicted five alleged Jewish extremists in connection with a rampage at an Israeli army base in the West Bank last month.
On Dec. 13, dozens of settlers and their supporters entered the base, vandalized property and attacked military personnel.
According to Sunday`s indictment, the five helped plan the rampage in hopes of foiling the evacuation of illegal settlement outposts in the West Bank. They are to remain in custody until the end of proceedings.
The attack shocked Israeli leaders, who called for a crackdown on Jewish radicals. Extremists are also suspected of vandalizing another military base and attacking Palestinian mosques, cars and farmlands over the past two years.
The violence is believed to be retaliation for government concessions to Palestinians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days