Five right-wing Jewish extremists indicted in Israel
Jerusalem: Israel`s Justice Ministry has indicted five alleged Jewish extremists in connection with a rampage at an Israeli army base in the West Bank last month.
On Dec. 13, dozens of settlers and their supporters entered the base, vandalized property and attacked military personnel.
According to Sunday`s indictment, the five helped plan the rampage in hopes of foiling the evacuation of illegal settlement outposts in the West Bank. They are to remain in custody until the end of proceedings.
The attack shocked Israeli leaders, who called for a crackdown on Jewish radicals. Extremists are also suspected of vandalizing another military base and attacking Palestinian mosques, cars and farmlands over the past two years.
The violence is believed to be retaliation for government concessions to Palestinians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Donald Trump has no clue about middle class, says Joe Biden
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency - Highlights
- India, Bangladesh Home Minister-level talks today - Know its agenda
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court likely to announce its order on Abu Jundal today
- PM Narendra Modi to hold NITI Aayog meeting for 15-year vision today