Five Somali kids killed in school bombing
Mogadishu: At least five children died and a dozen others were injured when a bomb exploded at a school in Somalia, an official said.
The attack took place Monday in the Middle Shabelle region of central Somalia, regional governor Abdi Jinow Alasow told Radio Mogadishu.
The explosion occurred when the students were playing.
"There was a heavy explosion, we believe caused by an explosive device that they had been playing with," said Alasow.
"At least five children have died and more than 10 others were injured," he said.
Somali military forces, supported by African Union troops have been battling Islamist militants as well as al Qaeda-linked insurgents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state