Five street boys found dead in trash cart in China
Beijing: In a tragic incident, five street children were found dead in a trash cart, where they took refuge to escape the cold, in southwest China.
The bodies of the five children, all boys around 10 years old, were found by a trash collector in the cart in Guizhou Province`s Bijie City, on Friday morning, Beijing News reported.
The report said police have ruled out the possibility of murder.
The boys were suspected to have suffocated as they tried to sleep in the cart to survive the cold night.
According to photos uploaded by netizens, the trash cart was about 1.5 metres long, 1.3 metres wide, and the lid could be airtight.
Further investigation is underway.
Bijie is a mountainous city located in northwest Guizhou, 200 km away from the provincial capital of Guiyang.
It drizzled Friday night and the low temperature hit six degrees Celsius, according to the local weather report, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!