Five street boys found dead in trash cart in China
Beijing: In a tragic incident, five street children were found dead in a trash cart, where they took refuge to escape the cold, in southwest China.
The bodies of the five children, all boys around 10 years old, were found by a trash collector in the cart in Guizhou Province`s Bijie City, on Friday morning, Beijing News reported.
The report said police have ruled out the possibility of murder.
The boys were suspected to have suffocated as they tried to sleep in the cart to survive the cold night.
According to photos uploaded by netizens, the trash cart was about 1.5 metres long, 1.3 metres wide, and the lid could be airtight.
Further investigation is underway.
Bijie is a mountainous city located in northwest Guizhou, 200 km away from the provincial capital of Guiyang.
It drizzled Friday night and the low temperature hit six degrees Celsius, according to the local weather report, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan