Five wounded in Philippines blast: Police
Cotabato (Philippines): A suspected
motorcycle bomb wounded five people at a drug store in the
southern Philippines on Tuesday, police said.
One of the five casualties, a seven-year-old boy, is in
critical condition from the early afternoon blast, said
Superintendent Roberto Badian, the police chief of the
southern city of Cotabato.
"It appears the bomb was triggered by a cell phone,"
Badian told reporters.
No group has claimed responsibility, he added.
The city has in the past been a target of Muslim
separatists and Islamist militants linked to the al-Qaeda
movement whose global leader Osama bin Laden was killed in a
US military raid in Pakistan on May 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump Inauguration LIVE: US President vows to eradicate Islamic terrorism from the face of Earth