Five wounded in Philippines blast: Police
Cotabato (Philippines): A suspected
motorcycle bomb wounded five people at a drug store in the
southern Philippines on Tuesday, police said.
One of the five casualties, a seven-year-old boy, is in
critical condition from the early afternoon blast, said
Superintendent Roberto Badian, the police chief of the
southern city of Cotabato.
"It appears the bomb was triggered by a cell phone,"
Badian told reporters.
No group has claimed responsibility, he added.
The city has in the past been a target of Muslim
separatists and Islamist militants linked to the al-Qaeda
movement whose global leader Osama bin Laden was killed in a
US military raid in Pakistan on May 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!