Flash floods in eastern Indonesia kill at least 15
Jakarta (Indonesia): Flash floods in
eastern Indonesia have killed at least 15 people many of them
Mujiharto, who heads the Health Ministry`s crisis
centre, said today`s hours of heavy rains caused rivers on
Timor island to burst their banks.
At least 15 people were killed when several houses
were swept away.
Local media reports said eight of the victims in
yesterday`s flooding were younger than 10.
Deadly flooding and landslides occur frequently in the
vast tropical archipelago of Indonesia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO