Flash floods kill four in Cambodia: Official
Phnom Penh: Four Cambodians,
including a four-year-old boy, have been swept to their deaths
in flash flooding in recent days as heavy rains battered the
country, officials said on Saturday.
Three men drowned in different provinces, while a child
disappeared during flooding in the Phnom Penh area and is
presumed dead, the National Committee for Disaster Management
"The floods hit many parts of Cambodia, but at the moment
they have subsided," said Keo Vy of NCDM. "We are on very high
alert about flooding."
Bad weather also forced officials at Cambodia`s UN-backed
Khmer Rouge tribunal to temporarily relocate high-profile
Khmer Rouge leaders currently awaiting trial for crimes,
including genocide, during the "Killing Fields" era.
A court spokesman said Ieng Sary, Ieng Thirith, Khieu
Samphan and Nuon Chea had been taken to a new building at an
Former prison chief Kaing Guek Eav or Duch, who was
sentenced in July to 30 years imprisonment for war crimes and
crimes against humanity, was also among those moved.
Keo Vy said the deaths are the first due to flooding in
Cambodia this year. He said 43 people were killed when typhoon
Ketsana hit the country last year.
Thousands were affected by the storms and floods engulfed
large swathes of Siem Reap province, home to the temples of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof