Flash floods kill four in Cambodia: Official
Phnom Penh: Four Cambodians,
including a four-year-old boy, have been swept to their deaths
in flash flooding in recent days as heavy rains battered the
country, officials said on Saturday.
Three men drowned in different provinces, while a child
disappeared during flooding in the Phnom Penh area and is
presumed dead, the National Committee for Disaster Management
"The floods hit many parts of Cambodia, but at the moment
they have subsided," said Keo Vy of NCDM. "We are on very high
alert about flooding."
Bad weather also forced officials at Cambodia`s UN-backed
Khmer Rouge tribunal to temporarily relocate high-profile
Khmer Rouge leaders currently awaiting trial for crimes,
including genocide, during the "Killing Fields" era.
A court spokesman said Ieng Sary, Ieng Thirith, Khieu
Samphan and Nuon Chea had been taken to a new building at an
Former prison chief Kaing Guek Eav or Duch, who was
sentenced in July to 30 years imprisonment for war crimes and
crimes against humanity, was also among those moved.
Keo Vy said the deaths are the first due to flooding in
Cambodia this year. He said 43 people were killed when typhoon
Ketsana hit the country last year.
Thousands were affected by the storms and floods engulfed
large swathes of Siem Reap province, home to the temples of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency