Flights suspended at US airport after plane slides
Salt Lake City: Flights have been suspended at the Salt Lake City International Airport after a cargo plane slid on a taxiway made slick by a winter storm.
Airport spokesman Barbara Gann says flights were canceled or diverted around 9:30 a.M. Today. Crews are working to de-ice and sand the runways.
The Federal Aviation Administration says the Boeing 757 cargo plane landed safely but slid on the ground. FAA spokesman Allen Kenitzer says nobody was injured and the cargo plane was not damaged.
Gann called it a minor incident. But she says the airport was forced to halt operations for all flights because of slippery conditions.
The National Weather Service says Utah`s Wasatch Front can expect several inches of snow today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you