Flights suspended at US airport after plane slides
Salt Lake City: Flights have been suspended at the Salt Lake City International Airport after a cargo plane slid on a taxiway made slick by a winter storm.
Airport spokesman Barbara Gann says flights were canceled or diverted around 9:30 a.M. Today. Crews are working to de-ice and sand the runways.
The Federal Aviation Administration says the Boeing 757 cargo plane landed safely but slid on the ground. FAA spokesman Allen Kenitzer says nobody was injured and the cargo plane was not damaged.
Gann called it a minor incident. But she says the airport was forced to halt operations for all flights because of slippery conditions.
The National Weather Service says Utah`s Wasatch Front can expect several inches of snow today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman