Flood of `fertile immigrants` needed to boost US economy, said Jeb Bush
Washington: American politician and former governor of Florida, Jeb Bush has said that US immigration needs reform so that `more fertile` immigrants can help offset the US population decline and boost the economy.
According to Politico, Bush has said that `younger population` is needed by the nation to replace the old and retiring ones, which will also help in creating new businesses and thus become `engine of economic prosperity`.
Bush had earlier said that the immigration policy can`t continue to make illegal immigration easier than legal immigration but later clarified that a `comprehensive reform` is needed.
According to the report, Bush also said that it is important to reclaim the idea of `family` especially the nontraditional ones adding that the nation needs to be supportive of such families, which constitute single mum or dad, or the grandmother taking care of young children, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days