Flood of `fertile immigrants` needed to boost US economy, said Jeb Bush
Washington: American politician and former governor of Florida, Jeb Bush has said that US immigration needs reform so that `more fertile` immigrants can help offset the US population decline and boost the economy.
According to Politico, Bush has said that `younger population` is needed by the nation to replace the old and retiring ones, which will also help in creating new businesses and thus become `engine of economic prosperity`.
Bush had earlier said that the immigration policy can`t continue to make illegal immigration easier than legal immigration but later clarified that a `comprehensive reform` is needed.
According to the report, Bush also said that it is important to reclaim the idea of `family` especially the nontraditional ones adding that the nation needs to be supportive of such families, which constitute single mum or dad, or the grandmother taking care of young children, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress