Flood of `fertile immigrants` needed to boost US economy, said Jeb Bush
Washington: American politician and former governor of Florida, Jeb Bush has said that US immigration needs reform so that `more fertile` immigrants can help offset the US population decline and boost the economy.
According to Politico, Bush has said that `younger population` is needed by the nation to replace the old and retiring ones, which will also help in creating new businesses and thus become `engine of economic prosperity`.
Bush had earlier said that the immigration policy can`t continue to make illegal immigration easier than legal immigration but later clarified that a `comprehensive reform` is needed.
According to the report, Bush also said that it is important to reclaim the idea of `family` especially the nontraditional ones adding that the nation needs to be supportive of such families, which constitute single mum or dad, or the grandmother taking care of young children, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement