Flood of `fertile immigrants` needed to boost US economy, said Jeb Bush
Washington: American politician and former governor of Florida, Jeb Bush has said that US immigration needs reform so that `more fertile` immigrants can help offset the US population decline and boost the economy.
According to Politico, Bush has said that `younger population` is needed by the nation to replace the old and retiring ones, which will also help in creating new businesses and thus become `engine of economic prosperity`.
Bush had earlier said that the immigration policy can`t continue to make illegal immigration easier than legal immigration but later clarified that a `comprehensive reform` is needed.
According to the report, Bush also said that it is important to reclaim the idea of `family` especially the nontraditional ones adding that the nation needs to be supportive of such families, which constitute single mum or dad, or the grandmother taking care of young children, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs