Flood of `fertile immigrants` needed to boost US economy, said Jeb Bush
Washington: American politician and former governor of Florida, Jeb Bush has said that US immigration needs reform so that `more fertile` immigrants can help offset the US population decline and boost the economy.
According to Politico, Bush has said that `younger population` is needed by the nation to replace the old and retiring ones, which will also help in creating new businesses and thus become `engine of economic prosperity`.
Bush had earlier said that the immigration policy can`t continue to make illegal immigration easier than legal immigration but later clarified that a `comprehensive reform` is needed.
According to the report, Bush also said that it is important to reclaim the idea of `family` especially the nontraditional ones adding that the nation needs to be supportive of such families, which constitute single mum or dad, or the grandmother taking care of young children, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video