Flooding from torrential rains kill 31 in Argentina
Buenos Aires: The Governor of Argentina`s Buenos Aires province says at least 25 people have been killed by flooding overnight, bringing the overall death toll from days of torrential rains to 31.
Governor Daniel Scioli says many of the deaths involved people who drowned after trying to take shelter in their cars in Tolusa, a suburb of the provincial capital of La Plata.
Argentina`s YPF oil company says the rains also flooded the country`s largest refinery, causing a fire that took hours to put out. The refinery has suspended operations as a result, and the company says it has a team evaluating how to get it restarted again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani