Flooding from torrential rains kill 31 in Argentina
Buenos Aires: The Governor of Argentina`s Buenos Aires province says at least 25 people have been killed by flooding overnight, bringing the overall death toll from days of torrential rains to 31.
Governor Daniel Scioli says many of the deaths involved people who drowned after trying to take shelter in their cars in Tolusa, a suburb of the provincial capital of La Plata.
Argentina`s YPF oil company says the rains also flooded the country`s largest refinery, causing a fire that took hours to put out. The refinery has suspended operations as a result, and the company says it has a team evaluating how to get it restarted again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?