Flooding from torrential rains kill 31 in Argentina
Buenos Aires: The Governor of Argentina`s Buenos Aires province says at least 25 people have been killed by flooding overnight, bringing the overall death toll from days of torrential rains to 31.
Governor Daniel Scioli says many of the deaths involved people who drowned after trying to take shelter in their cars in Tolusa, a suburb of the provincial capital of La Plata.
Argentina`s YPF oil company says the rains also flooded the country`s largest refinery, causing a fire that took hours to put out. The refinery has suspended operations as a result, and the company says it has a team evaluating how to get it restarted again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday