Flooding from torrential rains kill 31 in Argentina
Buenos Aires: The Governor of Argentina`s Buenos Aires province says at least 25 people have been killed by flooding overnight, bringing the overall death toll from days of torrential rains to 31.
Governor Daniel Scioli says many of the deaths involved people who drowned after trying to take shelter in their cars in Tolusa, a suburb of the provincial capital of La Plata.
Argentina`s YPF oil company says the rains also flooded the country`s largest refinery, causing a fire that took hours to put out. The refinery has suspended operations as a result, and the company says it has a team evaluating how to get it restarted again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence