Flooding from torrential rains kill 31 in Argentina
Buenos Aires: The Governor of Argentina`s Buenos Aires province says at least 25 people have been killed by flooding overnight, bringing the overall death toll from days of torrential rains to 31.
Governor Daniel Scioli says many of the deaths involved people who drowned after trying to take shelter in their cars in Tolusa, a suburb of the provincial capital of La Plata.
Argentina`s YPF oil company says the rains also flooded the country`s largest refinery, causing a fire that took hours to put out. The refinery has suspended operations as a result, and the company says it has a team evaluating how to get it restarted again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren