Flooding leaves 70 boats missing on China-Vietnam
Beijing: Typhoon Son-Tinh brought strong wind and downpours to south China`s Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region in the past two days, sinking six boats and causing another 70 to go missing in a China-Vietnam border river.
No casualties have been reported so far but the typhoon caused a flood in the Beilun River.
Maritime authorities in Guangxi rescued 26 Vietnamese women and children who were trapped on their boats.
"Six boats sank and 70 other went missing after in flooding," a spokesman with the public security bureau of the city of Fangchenggang told state-run Xinhua news agency.
The region`s flood control and drought relief headquarters said heavy rains are still pounding the city of Dongxing.
The headquarters has asked the local government to take precautionary measures to prevent mudslides or other disasters.
One person has been killed so far due to typhoon, the Ministry of Civil Affairs said.
It weakened to a strong tropical storm after sweeping across south China`s Hainan province, Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region and north Vietnam, forcing the relocation of tens of thousands of residents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3