Floods hit China, 51,000 evacuated
Beijing: About 51,000 people were evacuated on Saturday morning after floods hit northeast China`s Liaoning province, authorities said.
Three people were missing after floods ravaged the province.
A total of 230 houses collapsed, and transport and power supply in some areas of Dandong city were cut off due to the floods triggered by heavy rain which began to lash the city early Friday, said a statement of the city government.
Roads along the Yalu River, a border river between China and North Korea, were submerged, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US Open: Novak Djokovic faces race against time for Flushing Meadows defense
- Italy mourns quake dead as hope for survivors wanes
- ‘Bigg Boss 10’ promo: Will Salman Khan be seen in it? Scoop inside
- Katrina Kaif opens up about her break-up with Ranbir Kapoor! Deets inside
- UN ready to help Colombia peace deal