Floods hit China, 51,000 evacuated
Beijing: About 51,000 people were evacuated on Saturday morning after floods hit northeast China`s Liaoning province, authorities said.
Three people were missing after floods ravaged the province.
A total of 230 houses collapsed, and transport and power supply in some areas of Dandong city were cut off due to the floods triggered by heavy rain which began to lash the city early Friday, said a statement of the city government.
Roads along the Yalu River, a border river between China and North Korea, were submerged, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price