Floods hit China, 51,000 evacuated
Beijing: About 51,000 people were evacuated on Saturday morning after floods hit northeast China`s Liaoning province, authorities said.
Three people were missing after floods ravaged the province.
A total of 230 houses collapsed, and transport and power supply in some areas of Dandong city were cut off due to the floods triggered by heavy rain which began to lash the city early Friday, said a statement of the city government.
Roads along the Yalu River, a border river between China and North Korea, were submerged, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?