Floods kill at least 91 people in Niger
Niamey: A top official in Niger said the country`s recent floods have killed 91 people and caused significant damage.
The director of the cabinet, Aghaly Abdoulkader, said all eight regions of the country are affected by the floods, including the large regions of Tillabery, Dosso and Niamey.
The floods have damaged fields, rice paddies, water points, schools, health centers, roads, bridges and dams, he said. In addition large quantities of food have been destroyed and many cattle have washed away.
Twelve irrigation schemes in the Niger River valley, totaling 3,050 hectares were completely flooded after a major river surge recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire