Floods kill at least 91 people in Niger
Niamey: A top official in Niger said the country`s recent floods have killed 91 people and caused significant damage.
The director of the cabinet, Aghaly Abdoulkader, said all eight regions of the country are affected by the floods, including the large regions of Tillabery, Dosso and Niamey.
The floods have damaged fields, rice paddies, water points, schools, health centers, roads, bridges and dams, he said. In addition large quantities of food have been destroyed and many cattle have washed away.
Twelve irrigation schemes in the Niger River valley, totaling 3,050 hectares were completely flooded after a major river surge recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics