Floods kill at least 91 people in Niger
Niamey: A top official in Niger said the country`s recent floods have killed 91 people and caused significant damage.
The director of the cabinet, Aghaly Abdoulkader, said all eight regions of the country are affected by the floods, including the large regions of Tillabery, Dosso and Niamey.
The floods have damaged fields, rice paddies, water points, schools, health centers, roads, bridges and dams, he said. In addition large quantities of food have been destroyed and many cattle have washed away.
Twelve irrigation schemes in the Niger River valley, totaling 3,050 hectares were completely flooded after a major river surge recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What an achievement! Anurag Thakur becomes first BJP MP to be commissioned into Territorial Army
- Rahul Gandhi kicks off Congress' poll campaign in Lucknow; vows to make UP no. 1 state, praises Sheila Dikshit
- Jeff Bezos world's third-richest, surpasses Warren Buffett: Forbes
- RBI to keep rates unchanged in August 9 policy: ICRA
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh's wife led to his arrest?