Florida politicians question Jay-Z, Beyonce`s `illegal` trip to Cuba
Washington: Two US lawmakers have questioned how pop stars Jay-Z and Beyonce were allowed to travel to Cuba last week to mark their wedding anniversary.
Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and Mario Diaz-Balart, both Republicans from Florida, wrote a letter to the director of the US of Foreign Assets Control expressing `concern` over the megastars` trip to the Caribbean nation, according to The Miami Herald.
According to the New York Daily News, United States citizens are permitted to travel to Cuba only if they obtain a certain license.
Although there is a ban for mere tourism, thousands of Americans go their every year on academic, religious or journalistic licenses.
Jay-Z and Beyonce have not commented on why they traveled to Havana. They celebrated five years of marriage last week.
Ros-Lehtinen and Diaz-Balart have called for an investigation into the hip-hop royalty`s trip, claiming that `U.S. dollars spent on Cuban tourism directly fund the machinery of oppression that brutally repressed the Cuban people,` the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!