Florida teen dies after being shocked by police
Miami Beach: Family members of a teenager who died after being shocked by Miami Beach police say he was an artist who wanted to change the world through art.
Israel Hernandez-Llach had turned 18 shortly before police found him spray-painting a shuttered building early Tuesday.
The teen ran but was eventually cornered. Chief Ray Martinez says the teen ran at officers and one shot him with a Taser in the chest.
Hernandez-Llach went into medical duress and died at a hospital.
His sister, Offir Hernandez, told The Miami Herald the family wants answers. They`re seeking an independent investigation.
The medical examiner didn`t rule on a cause of death after an autopsy yesterday. Further tests are pending, but the police chief says the teen didn`t suffer from any other injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Islamic State has Euro 2016 in its sights, German spy chief says
- Infosys names Anantha Radhakrishnan as new BPO head
- Lok Sabha Speaker should reconsider travelling in Jaguar: Congress
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions