Florida teen dies after being shocked by police
Miami Beach: Family members of a teenager who died after being shocked by Miami Beach police say he was an artist who wanted to change the world through art.
Israel Hernandez-Llach had turned 18 shortly before police found him spray-painting a shuttered building early Tuesday.
The teen ran but was eventually cornered. Chief Ray Martinez says the teen ran at officers and one shot him with a Taser in the chest.
Hernandez-Llach went into medical duress and died at a hospital.
His sister, Offir Hernandez, told The Miami Herald the family wants answers. They`re seeking an independent investigation.
The medical examiner didn`t rule on a cause of death after an autopsy yesterday. Further tests are pending, but the police chief says the teen didn`t suffer from any other injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur