Florida woman accused of slapping a police horse
Washington: A 29-year-old woman has been
arrested for allegedly slapping a police horse in the US city
After spending nearly 12 hours behind bars, Stephanie
Six says she still does not understand why she was arrested.
"The horse had me pinned up against the wall," Six was
quoted as saying by CNN.
"It scared me, so I put my hand up into his face as a
Six was arrested early on Saturday morning outside a bar
in downtown St. Petersburg. She said she was with a group of
friends, waiting for others, when police approached them
"aggressively," and told them to leave.
"They`re saying I slapped this horse when that`s not the
case," said Six. "It`s embarrassing!"
Police were using mounted patrols to try to control
crowds outside the bar when, they say, Six hit the horse,
according to local news reports.
Six was charged with battery on a police horse and
released with time served.
"I`ve never been arrested before, now I have a record,"
said Six, who was also not happy about being branded as an
St. Petersburg police and the state attorneys office
officials were unavailable for comment because of the Martin
Luther King Jr. holiday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'