Florida woman accused of slapping a police horse
Washington: A 29-year-old woman has been
arrested for allegedly slapping a police horse in the US city
After spending nearly 12 hours behind bars, Stephanie
Six says she still does not understand why she was arrested.
"The horse had me pinned up against the wall," Six was
quoted as saying by CNN.
"It scared me, so I put my hand up into his face as a
Six was arrested early on Saturday morning outside a bar
in downtown St. Petersburg. She said she was with a group of
friends, waiting for others, when police approached them
"aggressively," and told them to leave.
"They`re saying I slapped this horse when that`s not the
case," said Six. "It`s embarrassing!"
Police were using mounted patrols to try to control
crowds outside the bar when, they say, Six hit the horse,
according to local news reports.
Six was charged with battery on a police horse and
released with time served.
"I`ve never been arrested before, now I have a record,"
said Six, who was also not happy about being branded as an
St. Petersburg police and the state attorneys office
officials were unavailable for comment because of the Martin
Luther King Jr. holiday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him