Florida woman accused of slapping a police horse
Washington: A 29-year-old woman has been
arrested for allegedly slapping a police horse in the US city
After spending nearly 12 hours behind bars, Stephanie
Six says she still does not understand why she was arrested.
"The horse had me pinned up against the wall," Six was
quoted as saying by CNN.
"It scared me, so I put my hand up into his face as a
Six was arrested early on Saturday morning outside a bar
in downtown St. Petersburg. She said she was with a group of
friends, waiting for others, when police approached them
"aggressively," and told them to leave.
"They`re saying I slapped this horse when that`s not the
case," said Six. "It`s embarrassing!"
Police were using mounted patrols to try to control
crowds outside the bar when, they say, Six hit the horse,
according to local news reports.
Six was charged with battery on a police horse and
released with time served.
"I`ve never been arrested before, now I have a record,"
said Six, who was also not happy about being branded as an
St. Petersburg police and the state attorneys office
officials were unavailable for comment because of the Martin
Luther King Jr. holiday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?