Fog halts air travel in Poland after Warsaw drama
Warsaw: Heavy fog has grounded planes at several Polish airports even as Warsaw`s international airport remains closed following a dramatic emergency landing a day earlier.
A Boeing airliner from the US carrying 231 people was forced to land on its belly on Tuesday in Warsaw after its landing gear failed to open. No one was injured, and the pilot is being hailed a hero in Poland.
The plane remains on the tarmac in Warsaw at the intersection of the airport`s two runways, forcing its closure until Thursday.
Meanwhile, flights that were to have been diverted to airports in Krakow and elsewhere are being postponed or cancelled on Wednesday due to fog.
Airports in Krakow, Lodz and Poznan have had to cancel departures and arrivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!