Fog halts air travel in Poland after Warsaw drama
Warsaw: Heavy fog has grounded planes at several Polish airports even as Warsaw`s international airport remains closed following a dramatic emergency landing a day earlier.
A Boeing airliner from the US carrying 231 people was forced to land on its belly on Tuesday in Warsaw after its landing gear failed to open. No one was injured, and the pilot is being hailed a hero in Poland.
The plane remains on the tarmac in Warsaw at the intersection of the airport`s two runways, forcing its closure until Thursday.
Meanwhile, flights that were to have been diverted to airports in Krakow and elsewhere are being postponed or cancelled on Wednesday due to fog.
Airports in Krakow, Lodz and Poznan have had to cancel departures and arrivals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living