Fog halts air travel in Poland after Warsaw drama
Warsaw: Heavy fog has grounded planes at several Polish airports even as Warsaw`s international airport remains closed following a dramatic emergency landing a day earlier.
A Boeing airliner from the US carrying 231 people was forced to land on its belly on Tuesday in Warsaw after its landing gear failed to open. No one was injured, and the pilot is being hailed a hero in Poland.
The plane remains on the tarmac in Warsaw at the intersection of the airport`s two runways, forcing its closure until Thursday.
Meanwhile, flights that were to have been diverted to airports in Krakow and elsewhere are being postponed or cancelled on Wednesday due to fog.
Airports in Krakow, Lodz and Poznan have had to cancel departures and arrivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena