Fog halts air travel in Poland after Warsaw drama
Warsaw: Heavy fog has grounded planes at several Polish airports even as Warsaw`s international airport remains closed following a dramatic emergency landing a day earlier.
A Boeing airliner from the US carrying 231 people was forced to land on its belly on Tuesday in Warsaw after its landing gear failed to open. No one was injured, and the pilot is being hailed a hero in Poland.
The plane remains on the tarmac in Warsaw at the intersection of the airport`s two runways, forcing its closure until Thursday.
Meanwhile, flights that were to have been diverted to airports in Krakow and elsewhere are being postponed or cancelled on Wednesday due to fog.
Airports in Krakow, Lodz and Poznan have had to cancel departures and arrivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'