Follow Lord Buddha`s path for world peace: Dalai
Bodh Gaya: Tibetan spiritual leader, The
Dalai Lama, on Sunday asked Buddhist devotees to follow the path
of Lord Buddha for promoting world peace.
Buddhism should not only be viewed as a tradition but
taken up as a matter of study and exercise, the Dalai Lama
said while addressing devotees who had assembled at Boddhi
Gaya, a place where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment during
Kalchakra Puja at Kalchakra ground here.
He described Lord Buddha as "an ancient ideologue and
scientist of the religion and I am following the path of
Buddha as a teacher for maintenance of world peace."
The spiritual leader conveyed his New Year`s
greetings to the devotees who had assembled here from all over
A lot of enthusiasm was visible among the devotees
who braved inclement wheather condition and rains during the
religious discourse by the Dalai Lama.
Tight security was in place for the Kalchakra Puja.
The Dalai Lama had arrived here yesterday from
Himachal Pradesh to participate in the 10-day long Kalchakra
Puja, which has religious importance in Buddha dharma.
The spiritual leader also offered prayers at the
Mahabodhi temple here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!