Foreign agents behind Iraq, Pak, Iran attacks: Khamenei
Tehran: Iran`s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Monday that the bloodshed in Pakistan, Iraq and the Islamic republic was the work of foreign agents and aimed at unleashing Shi’ite-Sunni conflict.
"The bloody actions being committed in some Islamic countries, including Iraq, Pakistan and in some parts of the country (Iran), are aimed at creating division between the Shi’ites and Sunnis," he said, quoted on state television.
Khamenei said regional countries must beware that "those who carry out these terrorist actions are directly or indirectly foreign agents."
The three regional countries which share borders with each other have been rocked by brutal violence in past weeks.
Yesterday, two vehicle bombs killed around 100 people in Baghdad, while Iran`s Sistan-Baluchestan province was rocked by an October 18 suicide attack which killed more than 40 people, including 15 Revolutionary Guards members.
A series of deadly attacks have also swept Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today