Foreign defence officials visit Russian military base
Moscow: Members of foreign delegations attending an international conference on European security visited a military base near Moscow that has a motorized infantry division.
Defence officials and military experts from Armenia, Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Norway, South Africa, Sweden, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, the US and Zimbabwe were shown a training centre, a shooting range and the barracks at the Taman Division in Alabino.
Friday`s visit ended the two-day Military and Political Aspects of European Security conference in Moscow.
Participants at the conference exchanged views on the current state of and prospects for European security.
Both Russia and the West agree that the flaws of the existing security system could leave Europe unprepared, should interstate or intrastate conflicts flare up on the continent again as happened in the Balkans in the 1990s and the Caucasus in 2008.
Russian officials reiterated that differences over missile defence, NATO`s continuing eastward expansion and the general lack of trust between Russia and the West remain key problems in European security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says