Foreign defence officials visit Russian military base
Moscow: Members of foreign delegations attending an international conference on European security visited a military base near Moscow that has a motorized infantry division.
Defence officials and military experts from Armenia, Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Norway, South Africa, Sweden, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, the US and Zimbabwe were shown a training centre, a shooting range and the barracks at the Taman Division in Alabino.
Friday`s visit ended the two-day Military and Political Aspects of European Security conference in Moscow.
Participants at the conference exchanged views on the current state of and prospects for European security.
Both Russia and the West agree that the flaws of the existing security system could leave Europe unprepared, should interstate or intrastate conflicts flare up on the continent again as happened in the Balkans in the 1990s and the Caucasus in 2008.
Russian officials reiterated that differences over missile defence, NATO`s continuing eastward expansion and the general lack of trust between Russia and the West remain key problems in European security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Revealed: How terrorists posing as Afghan medical tourists had planned to attack Delhi
- Gautam Deb: The man behind Mamata's successful Mission North Bengal
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav non-committal on liquor ban, asks people to drink less
- IPL 9: This is a million times better than any hundred I have scored - AB de Villiers on 79-run knock vs GL
- These workout pictures, video of Karan Patel will make you hit the gym!