Foreign student injured in brutal racial attack in Australia
Sydney: An international student, who doesn’t wish to be identified, has revealed he was racially abused before a group of hooligans brutally attacked him and tried to break his face after king hitting him in yet another attack on foreign students in Australia.
The 27-year-old man said he had finished work at a kebab shop and was walking with a friend along Chapel Street between Malvern and Toorak roads just before 1 am on July 9 when he was attacked.
The student added three men and two women, who racially abused him, surrounded him.
The police said the student was then king hit from behind and fell to the ground unconscious. One of the attackers then used a bottle to smash the student`s face and he was then kicked and punched on the ground.
The student suffered serious multiple injuries including a broken jaw and cheek bone and underwent extensive facial surgery.
“I have never experienced such an incident like this. I said, ``just let us go we don`t want to fight`` and they just surrounded us and didn``t let us go,” The Age quoted the student, as saying.
The accounting student, who has lived in Australia for three-and-a-half years, said the group had pointed at him and his friend while they were in a 7/11 store moments before the attack.
The investigating detectives said they would not be drawn on whether the attack was racially motivated, but the student said the racially charged language used by the group indicated race was a factor in the attack.
“I don`t want this to happen to anyone else who comes here to study. We don`t have anyone to help. We are just living by ourselves. I don`t want to go ... out again because it keeps reminding me. I can`t properly sleep,” the student added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured