Foreign student injured in brutal racial attack in Australia
Sydney: An international student, who doesn’t wish to be identified, has revealed he was racially abused before a group of hooligans brutally attacked him and tried to break his face after king hitting him in yet another attack on foreign students in Australia.
The 27-year-old man said he had finished work at a kebab shop and was walking with a friend along Chapel Street between Malvern and Toorak roads just before 1 am on July 9 when he was attacked.
The student added three men and two women, who racially abused him, surrounded him.
The police said the student was then king hit from behind and fell to the ground unconscious. One of the attackers then used a bottle to smash the student`s face and he was then kicked and punched on the ground.
The student suffered serious multiple injuries including a broken jaw and cheek bone and underwent extensive facial surgery.
“I have never experienced such an incident like this. I said, ``just let us go we don`t want to fight`` and they just surrounded us and didn``t let us go,” The Age quoted the student, as saying.
The accounting student, who has lived in Australia for three-and-a-half years, said the group had pointed at him and his friend while they were in a 7/11 store moments before the attack.
The investigating detectives said they would not be drawn on whether the attack was racially motivated, but the student said the racially charged language used by the group indicated race was a factor in the attack.
“I don`t want this to happen to anyone else who comes here to study. We don`t have anyone to help. We are just living by ourselves. I don`t want to go ... out again because it keeps reminding me. I can`t properly sleep,” the student added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America