Former Egypt president Mubarak in stable health
Cairo: Ousted Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak was hospitalised this week due to a drop in blood pressure, and his condition is stable, state media reported.
Mubarak, who is suspected of involvement in the deaths of anti-regime protesters, was previously reported to have suffered a heart attack during questioning by prosecutors on Tuesday.
But the MENA state news agency reported that the 82-year-old had suffered from a "steep decline in blood pressure" at the time, citing an unnamed medical official.
"An ultra-sound was taken of his heart and it showed it was functioning at 73 percent (of its capacity), which means his health condition has become stable," MENA said.
Mubarak was placed in intensive care on Tuesday before being remanded in custody for 15 days.
The public prosecutor has ordered his transfer to a military hospital on the outskirts of Cairo, but MENA reported it was unclear when the former strongman would be moved.
Mubarak had been confined to a villa in Sharm el-Sheikh since 18-day long protests forced him to resign on February 11.
His two sons, Alaa and Gamal, are in prison in the capital`s south, and face similar accusations.
The complex, once home to political prisoners, now hosts a growing number of former regime officials, including Mubarak`s interior minister and his former party`s leadership.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know