Former Illinois governor to contest in reality show
Chicago: Former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich, who was removed from office last January on corruption charges, will participate along with 13 others in
the new season of the reality show `Celebrity Apprentice`.
The show, hosted by business tycoon and TV personality Donald Trump, will begin on March 14 featuring celebrity contestants.
The new season would include celebrities like comedian Sinbad, Australian TV chef Curtis Stone, Olympic gold medal sprinter Michael Johnson, WWE wrestler-cum-model Maria Kanellis and Olympic swimmer Summer Sanders.
Unlike the original show `Apprentice` that features commoners, celebrities in this show would not vie for a job with Trump. Instead, they would compete in business-oriented
tasks around Manhattan to raise money for their favourite charities, besides publicising them.
A statement from Blagojevich said he was doing the show "because it offered him a chance to raise money for a favourite charity and the challenge to compete against celebrities".
Blagojevich was impeached last year and thrown out of office on corruption charges, including that he tried to sell President Barack Obama`s vacant senate seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened