Former KGB agent cremated Hitler: Report
London: A former Russian secret agent has claimed that he had cremated the remains of Adolf Hitler, but he has refused to locate the place where the Nazi dictator`s ashes were scattered, a media report said.
Ex-KGB officer Vladimir Gumenyuk, now 73, is said to be the last man alive from a team of three sent in 1970 to dig up the bones of Hitler, his mistress Eva Braun and the remains of Joseph Goebbels and his family, `The Sun` reported.
"We were ordered to burn the remains of Hitler and all his entourage, and blow them to the wind," he said.
He said that having dug them up near Magdeburg, in former East Germany, they burnt the bones and drove to the top of a cliff on a small unnamed stream -- where they scattered the ashes.
It was at a location decided by Moscow authorities. Gumenyuk, who said the team posed as fishermen, said: "No one was there -- 20 seconds and the job was done. It was just the last flight of the Fuhrer."
He said he had turned down large sums to identify the exact spot he disposed of Hitler. "There are still too many neo-Nazis. There would be pilgrimages. They`d even put up a monument," Gumenyuk said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video