Former SAS sniper in Princess Diana murder probe `being silenced`
London: The former SAS sniper, who was at the centre of the Princess Diana murder probe, has come under attack, as top brass try to silence him, according to reports.
Former sergeant "Soldier N" fled to Thailand after declaring Diana`s fatal car crash had been caused by members of his elite regiment.
Security chiefs are now attempting to play down his sensational claims, which match those made in a book by another former SAS man, the daily Star reported.
Soldier N told his wife that a team from the Who Dares Wins regiment caused Diana`s fatal 1997 crash by shining a light into her driver`s eyes.
The Royal Military Police handed his evidence to Scotland Yard after it emerged earlier this year.
But before detectives could speak to Soldier N, he disappeared to south-east Asia.
In an apparent bid to undermine him, it has now been claimed he could have got the story from a book published shortly after Diana`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre