Former SAS sniper in Princess Diana murder probe `being silenced`
London: The former SAS sniper, who was at the centre of the Princess Diana murder probe, has come under attack, as top brass try to silence him, according to reports.
Former sergeant "Soldier N" fled to Thailand after declaring Diana`s fatal car crash had been caused by members of his elite regiment.
Security chiefs are now attempting to play down his sensational claims, which match those made in a book by another former SAS man, the daily Star reported.
Soldier N told his wife that a team from the Who Dares Wins regiment caused Diana`s fatal 1997 crash by shining a light into her driver`s eyes.
The Royal Military Police handed his evidence to Scotland Yard after it emerged earlier this year.
But before detectives could speak to Soldier N, he disappeared to south-east Asia.
In an apparent bid to undermine him, it has now been claimed he could have got the story from a book published shortly after Diana`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Vivek Oberoi to be trained by Daniel Craig's trainer
- Viral Video: Cheating man finds both girlfriends at same place, EXPOSED – See what happened next
- Xiaomi's smartphones sales in India up 72%
- Arun Jaitley may not read out new trains, lines after budget merger
- RBI launches Sept round of inflation expectation survey