Former South African prez Mandela still in hospital
Johannesburg: Former South African president Nelson Mandela remains in a hospital, where he is being treated for pneumonia for a sixth day.
Presidential spokesman Mac Maharaj said today that Mandela continues to recuperate under hospital care.
The 94-year-old anti-apartheid leader was admitted late on March 27 to a hospital in the South African capital, Pretoria.
Doctors drained fluid from Mandela`s lung area, making it easier for him to breathe. It is Mandela`s third trip to a hospital since December, when he was treated for a lung infection and also had a procedure to remove gallstones. Earlier in March, he spent a night in a hospital for what officials said was a scheduled medical test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory