Former South African prez Mandela still in hospital
Johannesburg: Former South African president Nelson Mandela remains in a hospital, where he is being treated for pneumonia for a sixth day.
Presidential spokesman Mac Maharaj said today that Mandela continues to recuperate under hospital care.
The 94-year-old anti-apartheid leader was admitted late on March 27 to a hospital in the South African capital, Pretoria.
Doctors drained fluid from Mandela`s lung area, making it easier for him to breathe. It is Mandela`s third trip to a hospital since December, when he was treated for a lung infection and also had a procedure to remove gallstones. Earlier in March, he spent a night in a hospital for what officials said was a scheduled medical test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch