Former South African prez Mandela still in hospital
Johannesburg: Former South African president Nelson Mandela remains in a hospital, where he is being treated for pneumonia for a sixth day.
Presidential spokesman Mac Maharaj said today that Mandela continues to recuperate under hospital care.
The 94-year-old anti-apartheid leader was admitted late on March 27 to a hospital in the South African capital, Pretoria.
Doctors drained fluid from Mandela`s lung area, making it easier for him to breathe. It is Mandela`s third trip to a hospital since December, when he was treated for a lung infection and also had a procedure to remove gallstones. Earlier in March, he spent a night in a hospital for what officials said was a scheduled medical test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?