Former South African prez Mandela still in hospital
Johannesburg: Former South African president Nelson Mandela remains in a hospital, where he is being treated for pneumonia for a sixth day.
Presidential spokesman Mac Maharaj said today that Mandela continues to recuperate under hospital care.
The 94-year-old anti-apartheid leader was admitted late on March 27 to a hospital in the South African capital, Pretoria.
Doctors drained fluid from Mandela`s lung area, making it easier for him to breathe. It is Mandela`s third trip to a hospital since December, when he was treated for a lung infection and also had a procedure to remove gallstones. Earlier in March, he spent a night in a hospital for what officials said was a scheduled medical test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'