Former Taiwanese president indicted on new charges
Taipei (Taiwan): Taiwanese prosecutors have indicted former President Chen Shui-bian on new bribery and money-laundering charges.
Chen is currently serving a life sentence after a court convicted him of wide-ranging corruption offenses in September. He is appealing that conviction.
Thursday`s indictment says Chen received bribes worth 610 million New Taiwan Dollars ($19 million) from bankers in connection with two merger deals. It says he shared part of the money with his wife, Wu Shu-chen.
Wu was also convicted of corruption offenses in September, and like Chen, sentenced to life. But unlike Chen, she is not being held in prison while her case is appealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?