Former US ambassador to Sri Lanka dead
Colombo: Christopher Van Hollen, a former US ambassador to Sri Lanka and the Maldives, has passed away.
Van Hollen died in Washington Jan 30 at the age of 90, the US embassy here said in a statement Tuesday.
Van Hollen was the envoy to Sri Lanka and the Maldives in 1972-76.
He was born in Maryland and served as a naval officer in World War II. He later became a career member of the foreign service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!