Former US ambassador to Sri Lanka dead
Colombo: Christopher Van Hollen, a former US ambassador to Sri Lanka and the Maldives, has passed away.
Van Hollen died in Washington Jan 30 at the age of 90, the US embassy here said in a statement Tuesday.
Van Hollen was the envoy to Sri Lanka and the Maldives in 1972-76.
He was born in Maryland and served as a naval officer in World War II. He later became a career member of the foreign service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred