Former US ambassador to Sri Lanka dead
Colombo: Christopher Van Hollen, a former US ambassador to Sri Lanka and the Maldives, has passed away.
Van Hollen died in Washington Jan 30 at the age of 90, the US embassy here said in a statement Tuesday.
Van Hollen was the envoy to Sri Lanka and the Maldives in 1972-76.
He was born in Maryland and served as a naval officer in World War II. He later became a career member of the foreign service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!